Educated in Environmental Science and Landscape Management Mike has considerable experience, both in the UK and internationally of designing and delivering constructive interactions between people and their environment. With extensive knowledge and practical expertise in engagement and evaluation he works with organisations to help them develop the strategies and delivery plans that involve people in ways that lead to productive outcomes for all concerned.
Before becoming a consultant Mike had senior roles in a number of major environmental organisations. As Director of Conservation at BTCV he helped develop the policy and practice for conservation volunteering. He has also been Chief Executive of The Environment Council, an NGO specializing in Stakeholder Engagement to help resolve contentious environmental issues.
- Strategic thinking & planning – working with organisations to help them develop plans & road maps that enable them to address current a future challenges posed by their relationship with the external world.
- Evaluation of participative research and stakeholder engagement programmes for public (Environment Agency) and voluntary sector (The Conservation Volunteers)
- Strategic stakeholder engagement; designing, planning, delivering and evaluating stakeholder engagement programmes for major corporates (Shell, BG Group ) and government agencies (e.g. Nuclear Decommissioning Authority)
- Facilitation – design and delivery of a wide range of facilitated events, with an emphasis on contentious environmental and social issues
- Project and Partnership development to secure social and environmental programmes including Audience Development, Learning & Participation and evaluation
- Understanding of NGO’s as a stakeholder group.
You can contact Mike on 07949 909351 or email him.