Our roots are in rural issues and 19 years on this remains a specialist area of expertise. The range of projects we have supported is extremely broad and the impacts of our work can be seen all over Wales, England and a number of other countries from South Africa to France, Bangladesh to Tanzania.
We have and continue to:
- support ecosystem good and services planning from the sea shore to the mountain tops and including coastal change, flood planning or mitigation, natural resource and community green asset management;
- help communities in villages and market towns produce local action plans and are now engaged in supporting the development of the new Neighbourhood plans;
- carry out feasibility studies and research focussed on the rural perspectives on broader issues such as community cohesion and social inclusion, co-operative marketing of local produce, viability of local enterprise, rights of way and access;
- support rural projects and programmes such as LEADER and the Rural Development Programme.
- We live and work in rural areas and some of us also farm or have eco-tourism businesses. Being part of the rural community and economy, we understand what makes it tick and we are well versed in engaging with rural communities.
Parish, Town and Community Councils; Local Authorities
Natural Resources Wales (Previously Countryside Council for Wales)
Community groups and Social Companies
DFID and World Bank on behalf of others